Site selectors and businesses considering relocating to Chambers County can request customized reports by contacting the Chambers County Development Authority at (334) 642-1412.
Chambers County is located in east Alabama, centrally located among:
- Atlanta, GA (90 miles/144km)
- Birmingham, AL (135 miles/217km)
- Charleston, SC (400 miles/643km)
- Charlotte, NC (330 miles/531km)
- Chattanooga, TN (200 miles/321km)
- Columbus, GA (40 miles/64km)
- Knoxville, TN (395 miles/635km)
- Memphis, TN (370 miles/595km)
- Mobile, AL (250 miles/402km)
- Montgomery, AL (80 miles/128km)
- Nashville, TN (310 miles/498km)
- New Orleans, LA (390 miles/627km)
Major Cities and Population
- LaFayette – 3,003
- Lanett – 6,468
- Valley – 9,524
- Total Population in County – 34,215
*Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 Census
Business Advantages and Financial Incentives
- Alabama Capital Tax Credit Program allows qualifying companies to claim tax credit on Alabama income tax liabilities for capital costs on new construction and expansion projects in Alabama.
- Industrial Development Bonds can be used to finance land, buildings, machinery, and equipment for new and expanding industries.
- Ad Valorem Tax Abatements may be allowed for up to 10 years (except for educational funds).
- Sales and Use Tax Abatements may be allowed (except for educational funds).
- The Industrial Site Preparation Grant Program provides state grants to help new and expanding industries pay for industrial site preparation.
- Excellent four-lane highway system with quick access to I-85, US Hwy 29, US Hwy 431, and US Hwy 280
- Within three hours from Atlanta and Birmingham International Airports, as well as smaller airport hubs including Columbus and Montgomery Regional Airports
- Served by CSX Transportation and Norfolk Southern railways
- Port access is 250 miles away in Mobile or 240 miles away in Savannah, GA
Available Workforce and Customized Recruitment/Training Programs
- Right-to-work state
- Approximately 2,000 underemployed workers in Chambers County
- Over 9,000 Chambers County residents who commute out of Chambers County to work
- No union presence
- Free and low-cost workforce recruitment and training programs available
Comprehensive Workforce Analysis
The ability to attract and retain employers in communities across the country is a fierce competition that requires innovative and proactive thinking. Understanding these issues, the Chambers County Development Authority (CCDA) has taken action to put their communities a step ahead of the rest by commissioning a comprehensive workforce analysis.
Prepared by Garner Economics, LLC of Atlanta, GA, the analysis provides a holistic assessment of the critical underlying characteristics of Chambers County's complete workforce, including developed or acquired skills, knowledge of specific principles, occupations, education levels, age, level of self-employment and workforce participation. For potential and current employers, this analysis provides a real-world view of the county's workforce capacity and potential, reveals unique strengths and marketing opportunities, and outlines distinct information prospects require for expansion and location decisions.
The Chambers County Development Authority is the first and only economic development organization in the state of Alabama to possess such a comprehensive study and can now better market its workforce assets and strengths and mitigate gaps to address and leverage in order to improve the county's competitive position.
The full copyrighted report is available upon request to site selection consultants and potential companies, while an abbreviated report will be made available to existing industries in the county.