Existing Industry and Small Business
Working alongside the Alabama Small Business Development Network, the group works to coordinate with the consortium’s 10 Small Business Development Centers at universities state-wide. The department also partners with ADECA’s Office of Minority Business Enterprise in addition to numerous groups throughout the state, all focused on the development of small businesses.
What we can do for you:
- CCDA Industrial Directory
- Site visits and continued meetings with companies
- Employee drug screening options through local hospital
- Small Business Grant Program
- Employee search assistance
- Expansion Incentives
- Employee Appreciation Day assistance
- Facilitation of energy audits through local power companies
- Other needs as they occur
- Resource Guides & Publications
The Alabama Small Business Commission was created as an appointed group of state small/independent business owners responsible for advising governmental entities. The Commission serves as an advisory body in formulating policies, encouraging innovation, and discussing issues critical to the economic growth of small/independent businesses and their interests in the State of Alabama. Furthermore, the Commission promotes policies to assist new business start-ups and expansion of existing businesses.